Thanks to the generous support of Toyota Motor Manufacturing,
The Kentucky Center Governor’s School for the Arts (GSA) is proud
to offer GSA alumni the opportunity
to apply for the Toyota Alumni Fund (TAF).
The goal of the fund is to support GSA alumni in their artistic development.
This can include a professional development opportunity or creation and implementation of a project.
Deadlines and Notification Dates
Fall Application Deadline: September 14, 2018
Fall Award Notification: November 2018
Spring Application Deadline: March 29, 2019
Spring Award Notification: May 2019
All funds are distributed upon receipt of a signed contract from the grant recipient. All applicants will be notified of their award status.
Who is Eligible?
- Alumni of The Kentucky Center Governor’s School for the Arts. Individual and group applications are acceptable.
- Current TAF recipients must wait one year after receipt of their grant to reapply.
- Grantees may receive a TAF award a maximum of 3 times.
What is Funded?
- Costs associated with a training opportunity: tuition, printing, instructional fees, equipment, supplies, lodging, meals, travel, etc.
- Projects providing training opportunities for artists, e.g., a music training program for elementary aged students in a community, acting classes for adult actors, etc.*
- Costs associated with the development of an arts-based project: equipment, space rental, marketing, artist fees, etc.*
- Creation of materials to further promote the artist.
*No more than 50% of your total budget can be devoted to artist fees. This includes yourself as well as other artists involved in your project.
What is Not Funded?
- Post-secondary tuition
- Artists fees exceeding 50% of total budget
- Reimbursed expenses. Aspects of the project can be in-progress at the time of the grant cycle or the project can start after the grant cycle. We can not reimburse for projects that already took place.
Awards: Maximum monies awarded per grant cycle is $ 5,000.00
- Minimum award per applicant: $50
- Maximum award per applicant: $2,500
- Partial funding is at the discretion of the grant review panel.
- Applicants may apply for one grant per grant cycle.
- A final grant report is required within six months of the completion of the professional development/project. Failure to complete and submit the final report will render the applicant(s) ineligible to apply in the future.
The application and directions are now online. Click here to access the application.
**If you are a relative of an employee at the Kentucky Center for the Arts, please contact GSA at email@example.com prior to applying for the Toyota Alumni Fund.
Questions? Call or Email Erica Rust
Toyota Alumni Fund Grantees-
A Final Grant Report is due six months after the completion of your professional development/project. Failure to complete and submit the final report will render the applicant(s) ineligible to apply in the future. Click here
to download the Final Grant Report document.
The Kentucky Center Governor’s School for the Arts
Attn: Program and Alumni Coordinator
501 West Main Street
Louisville, KY 40202